Snakes & Ladders Stories is a story-telling game for one or more players.
While this is a framework for telling stories - it is also a (simple) game with real win and loss conditions.
There is no maximum player count, but there would be a lot of down time with more than four.
- Prints one two-sided rules page.
- You need a set of Rory's Story Cubes.
- You need a Snakes & Ladders game.
- You need some small sticky notes or paper chits
- At least one D6. One per player if you like.
- If you are writing the stories as you play, then you need something to write on; paper, computer, tablet, etc.
The game plays as Snakes & Ladders, but you roll a number of Cubes equal to your movement each turn. You then use those to add to your story, taking an upturn on a ladder and a downturn on a snake.
There are new rules for conflict (landing on the same space) and for the final show-down at game end.